I love having my house smell festive during the holidays, but in our house, we are all super sensitive to faux scents… so cheap, smelly candles are not in the cards for us. Natural soy candles are great, but they can be costly and usually have burn times of just 4-6 hours. I want my house to smell yummy allllll day!!
Lately, I’ve been brewing up some stove top potpourri recipes that are aHmazing. They make my house smell frestive, last for hours, and are au-natural. Here’s how I brew ’em up..
- Fill up a medium to large pot 3/4 full of water.
- Add your ingredients.
- Bring water to a boil and leave it for about 5 minutes, and then lower the heat to simmer.
- Let it simmer away for as long as you like!!!
Here are my top 3 favorite recipes:
- 3-5 sticks of cinnamon
- 1 orange sliced thin
- 1 cup of fresh cranberries (you can use frozen, but they aren’t as fragrant)
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 2 teaspoons of Nutmeg
HOME MADE APPLE PIE
- 2 -4 cinnamon sticks
- 1 apple sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons dried chamomile
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
OH CHRISTMAS TREE!
- 1/2 cup juniper berries
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 2 sprigs fresh pine needles (or other evergreen) 3-5 sticks of cinnamon